Big Springs Baptist Church at Colonel's Landing is available for weddings and events. It is the perfect venue for church tradition in a quiet country setting. The 19th century structure has been modernized just enough without disturbing it's original rustic character and charm and includes air conditioning and dimmable lighting. It seats about 180 comfortably and includes a renovated bathroom and dressing room.
Here's just a few pictures of our little church.
See below for more photos during renovations and weddings.
We renovated the buildings structure in 2014 by stripping it to the foundation but preserving all the beauty of it's original design.
The land belonging to Big Springs Baptist Church was deeded in 1898 for a church and schoolhouse. Most of the church's history has been lost to time. Regular services were discontinued in the late seventies and the congregation consolidated with other area baptist churches.
Colonel White purchased the land and building using the church as storage for several years. Many area locals have fond memories of attending the church as children. Lloyd Caulfield started renovations on the church in 2014 and the first event held in the church since closing was a wedding in October 2016.